Sunday, December 6, 2009

Week of December 7 - 11



Greetings Super Heros! 

WOW.. now tell me.. were you cold this weekend? HOLLY COW! Mr. Rott runs in the morning, and I think I saw the wind blow the horns off a billy goat! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. But no snow.. Maybe soon... all we need is a little moisture in the air and this cold and let me tell ya... we will be out of school for a few days...


Fasten your seat belts... here is what is going on this week!

 
HOW TO POST ANSWERS TO BLOG QUESTIONS:


1) First, I would suggest that you write down your answer and have it ready to type into the comment box
2) You go down to the current Week's Blog and click on the word COMMENT.
3) Once there type in your answer.. And of course nice things to say to Mr. Rott (that would be me) and very IMPORTANT you need to put your name and period!!! Just like Superman your secret identity is safe with me!
4) Lastly, when you’re ready to post the comment, click on the word ANONYMOUS and then click post comment.. and poof.. it's all done!


The 411 for the week!
What 2nd and 5th Period classes will be up to this week:
2nd and 5th periods will be working with GCF ~ Greatest Common Factors, Multiples and Least Common Multiples... all in all a busy week... REMEMBER.. Starting this week you will be expected to fill out at least one page of notes ~ this will be worth 25 points! Also, you will still have Blog Questions and will be expected to complete those by Friday at midnight.

BLOG QUESTION 2nd and 5th Period: 



Research states that Americans use 2.5 million plastic bottles every hour. Speed Racer, is all about not using plastic, in fact he uses tuppaware containers for his daily lunch instead of plastic bags! Speed emailed Mr. Rott and asked if his 2nd and 5th period classes could tell him how many  plastic bottles’ Americans use in one school day.

Remember there are 7 hours in a school day and 5 school days in a week and 20 school days in a month and 180 (roughly) school days in a year.


EXTRA CREDIT IF you can figure out how many plastic bottles are used in a week of school and then in a month of school, and lastly how many are used in one school year.


4th Period:
We will be working on multiplying and dividing decimals, we will be finding out how much it costs to use those Christmas lights that many of you have up on your house or apartment! It will be electrifying!! Hahahahah get it... electricity? Oh I do crack myself up!

BLOG QUESTION FOR 4th Period:


Disney Myspace GraphicsBeing a way cool teenager and wanting to help the planet, Violet is going to build 15 plastic lumber park benches... she will be using 1,050 #2 milk jugs to make one six-foot plastic park bench. How many milk jugs will she need to make her 15 park benches?




COOL SITE OF THE WEEK!
Each week I will try to post a cool site that I think you might enjoy! Here is one that helps you find out exactly how old you are :) even down to the second if you know what time you were born! Enjoy
http://www.mathcats.com/explore/age/calculator.html



GONZAGA UNIVERSITY MENS BASKETBALL!


Oh man... I have to hang my head low... Saturday our most favorite college basketball team lost... it was not a pretty game and they should NOT have lost but.. Guess they know what happened because I sure don’t! The Zags play Wednesday night at 6 hopefully they will play like they want to win this game! GO ZAGS!






As Spidey says each week... Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility." This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-man. You too have great power.. Be responsible, you can do great things!




AND Remember, as always, you are amazing, incredible people with the whole world waiting to be changed by YOU!

Be SUPER This Week!
Mr. Rott


No comments: