Friday, September 3, 2010

Welcome to a new school year!

Holly Cow Batman... oops.. That was our theme last year.. I should say Howdy Pardner! That’s right.. This year our theme is The Old West, Cowboys! Why cowboys? Good question, did you know that long ago... it was the cowboys who made trails - which turned into roads. Designed clothing, that’s right the first American Eagle wear had its roots in cowboys! But what I like about cowboys is that they worked hard, they did not give up and they finished the job they started. Not an easy task moving stinky old cows miles upon miles so that someone could make a big mac... well ok have a steak... so this year... I want to introduce you to the cowboy... and help you learn to work hard, not give and to get to where you want to go! 
I look forward to a great year with you and I know you will be successful, have fun and of course learn a TON about math! So tighten that cinch (that’s wh at holds the saddle on your horse) and lets get moseying along! 

In this blog you will find... a brief introduction, a section for your class and what we are going to be wo
rking on during the week... also your BLOG HOMEWORK! This will be due on that Thursday by 12:00 am! I like saying that... just makes it sound so final!! I also had many of my college assignments due by 12:00 midnight! Either way... they are due Thursday.. If they are not done you will receive a missed deadline form.. Meaning you’ll have lunch study hall until the question is answered. 

Some of you have computers at home.. Some do not.. You may always stay after school and use the computers in my room, or go to the library, or come in at lunch... or come in early .... go to the public library.. There are many different places and times to use computers.. So no excuses... if for some reason you are NOT able to get on a computer ... you need to talk to me pronto!! 

We will go over how to post your answers to the blog question.. for those who want to try it on their own... look to the right in the column you will find instructions... it works trust me! Oh .. My cowboys and cowgirls... Don’t worry.. There is no way that anyone can get your email or find you on the web, I do not publish the comments, I look at them and then give you a grade :) so your safe!

I look forward to this school year and all the exciting things that we will do together! 

As always, you are amazing, incredible people with the whole world waiting to be changed by YOU! 

This year will be as fine as cream gravy! 

Mr. Rott

No comments: