Sunday, May 9, 2010

Blog for May 10 - 14

Greetings SUPER HEROES... A beautiful weekend, and hopefully you all enjoyed Mothers day.. or rather your moms enjoyed mother days... you know.. some of you may not live with your moms... but someone takes very good care of you and may be the “mom” in your life hopefully they too enjoyed the day with you!


Plus it was so sunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ah a good sign that summer is on its way!


I am proud of how hard you worked on your State Math Test. I know they are a drag.. Long... boring... but still something we need to do and I know you did your best and that is all I ever expect from you! This week 2nd period will be finishing up their testing.. And then we are all done until next year!
2nd and 5th Period: 2nd, as I have just said.. You will be taking the State Test most of the week... 5th period.. We will begin working on Algebra... oh boy!!! Variables... and all sorts of fun stuff!~ Stay tuned!


BLOG QUESTION 2nd and 5th Period:


I saw Iron Man 2 Friday night, what a way cool movie.. in fact so cool I am sure I will see it in the theater again! #1) If Iron Man left his home at 3:45 in the afternoon and drove his way cool Audi all the way to his office and arrived there at 5:56 how much elapsed time did it take for him to get to his office?___________



4th Period: This week we will continue our work on Geometry. Last week we started off with Diameter and this week we will touch on that a bit more and then look at area... you never know when you might want to find out the area of something!


BLOG QUESTION FOR 4th Period:


As I wrote in the above Blog question, I saw Iron Man 2 Friday night... Wow.. Way cool I thought... it was great... just as good or even better than Iron Man 1. Anyhow... #1) Iron man possesses no super human powers except what is in his suit. If Iron man left his home at 2:15 am to go save stranded travelers in India and it took him 15 mins and 35 seconds to get there what time would he have arrived?_______ #2) and then if he drank 5 Pepsis... how much sugar would have taken in with those 5 sodas______? #3) Also.. You are to read the Cool Site of the Week and list 2 ideas out of the many presented that you think would help schools do better!


COOL SITE OF THE WEEK!
I saw this article in the Sunday Oregonian and thought you might like to look at it. The article is Helping students at Oregon's lowest performing schools... some very interesting ideas.. I would be interested in what you have to say... http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2010/05/helping_students_at_oregons_lo.html

                            GONZAGA UNIVERSITY MENS BASKETBALL!
                                        GO Zags!! .. Can’t wait till the fall

As Spidey says each week... Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility." This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-man. You too have great power.. Be responsible. REMEMBER You can do great things!




AND as always, you are amazing, incredible people with the whole world waiting to be changed by YOU!


Be SUPER This Week!

Mr. Rott

























No comments: