Monday, May 24, 2010

Blog for the week of May 24 - 28

Greetings Super Heroes!

Greetings SUPER HEROES...

Hopefully you were dry this weekend! Saturday I ventured out to Forest Grove... still not sure I ever saw the forest or the grove???

Are they lost? Anyhow I saw about hmmm 90 or so Super Heroes! Yep... and one day it is my hope that each of you will be doing the same thing about this time of year that those Super Heroes were doing! Have you figured out where I was?

I was at my son’s Graduation.. He earned his Masters in Teaching Degree and is now looking to teach Middle School or High School Science and maybe Math. Though it poured.. I mean POURED rain... it was still a fantastic celebration of hard work and determination! I really do expect, hope and dream about each of you going onto college to earn a degree so that you’ll be able to reach the dreams and goals that you have!
2nd and 5th Period: 2nd: This week we pick up on Integers.. I mean MINTegers and also continue our pre-algebra work... Remember that a letter.. Is a variable and that = an unknown number! And when a number and a variable are squished together.. That means______? Let me know... if you remember!


BLOG QUESTION 2nd and 5th Period:
Ok.. Time for some shopping! Go to this link http://www.bestbuy.com/ and you will have $545.00 to spend. You are to purchase as many items as possible BUT you are NOT allowed to buy two of anyone item! You cannot go over $545.00.... and if you have change left over you need to list the amount. You will write down the item you purchased and the cost.. Remember to keep a total of how much you have spent!
4th Period: This week we are going to be working on the area of a triangle... and a little recap of other areas... remember... area is how many squares we can fit inside an object... where as the perimeter is the distance around the object!

BLOG QUESTION FOR 4th Period:
I have wanted to do something on Water all year long and now the year is almost over... so this may be the best that we can do... Go to this site http://water.org/ , then go to the Crisis Tab at the top of the page and then click on Water Facts tab.. Then click on the tab “Water.” Read over the bulleted points under the heading WATER, after that answer these questions: How many people die from a lack of water per year_______, #1) roughly how many people is that per day_____? #2) Now figure out how many days are left of school _____and then how many people will die due to a lack of water by the time the school year is over_____. If it’s true that you need 13.2 gallons of water to live each day... #3) how many of gallons of water will your family need for today_____? #4) How many gallons of water will each person in your Math class need _____?

COOL SITE OF THE WEEK!
Here is a site to make you think.. At least it did me, and made me think of how I fit into the WORLD... http://www.100people.org/statistics_100stats.php?section=statistics check it OUT! Let me know what YOU think...


                    GONZAGA UNIVERSITY MENS BASKETBALL!
                                GO Zags!! .. Can’t wait till the fall!


As Spidey says each week... Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility." This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-man. You too have great power.. Be responsible. REMEMBER You can do great things!


AND as always, you are amazing, incredible people with the whole world waiting to be changed by YOU!


Be SUPER This Week!


Mr. Rott



























No comments: